1. First we need to identify which jobs are in NOT RUNNING status. For this, we need to use below query (basically we are getting this info from dba_datapump_jobs)
SET lines 200
SELECT owner_name, job_name, operation, job_mode,
ORDER BY 1,2;
The above query will give the datapump jobs information and it will look like below
OWNER_NAME JOB_NAME OPERATION JOB_MODE STATE ATTACHED
———- ——————- ——— ——— ———– ——–
SCOTT SYS_EXPORT_TABLE_01 EXPORT TABLE NOT RUNNING 0
SCOTT SYS_EXPORT_TABLE_02 EXPORT TABLE NOT RUNNING 0
SYSTEM SYS_EXPORT_FULL_01 EXPORT FULL NOT RUNNING 0
In the above output, you can see state is showing as NOT RUNNING and those jobs need to be removed.
Note: Please note that jobs state will be showing as NOT RUNNING even if a user wantedly stopped it. So before taking any action, consult the user and get confirmed
2. we need to now identify the master tables which are created for these jobs. It can be done as follows
SELECT o.status, o.object_id, o.object_type, o.owner||'.'||object_name "OWNER.OBJECT" FROM dba_objects o, dba_datapump_jobs j WHERE o.owner=j.owner_name AND o.object_name=j.job_name AND j.job_name NOT LIKE 'BIN$%' ORDER BY 4,2
STATUS OBJECT_ID OBJECT_TYPE OWNER.OBJECT
——- ———- ———— ————————-
VALID 85283 TABLE SCOTT.EXPDP_20051121
VALID 85215 TABLE SCOTT.SYS_EXPORT_TABLE_02
VALID 85162 TABLE SYSTEM.SYS_EXPORT_FULL_01
3. we need to now drop these master tables in order to cleanup the jobs
SQL> DROP TABLE SYSTEM.SYS_EXPORT_FULL_01;
SQL> DROP TABLE SCOTT.SYS_EXPORT_TABLE_02 ;
SQL> DROP TABLE SCOTT.EXPDP_20051121;
4. Re-run the query which is used in step 1 to check if still any jobs are showing up. If so, we need to stop the jobs once again using STOP_JOB parameter in expdp or DBMS_DATAPUMP.STOP_JOB package
Some imp points:
1. Datapump jobs that are not running doesn’t have any impact on currently executing ones.
2. When any datapump job (either export or import) is initiated, master and worker processes will be created.
3. When we terminate export datapump job, master and worker processes will get killed and it doesn’t lead to data courrption.
4. But when import datapump job is terminated, complete import might not have done as processes(master & worker) will be killed.